John was born and raised in Shelby, NC. In 1997, John graduated from The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina with a Bachelor of Arts in History. Upon graduation, John and his wife Elizabeth moved to Raleigh, North Carolina. While in Raleigh, John worked for First Union Mortgage Corporation managing a $90 million loan portfolio. John received his law degree from North Carolina Central University School of Law in 2004. After graduating from law school, John returned to Shelby and joined The Schweppe Law Firm. John and Elizabeth have two children, Daniel and Anna.
John concentrates his practice on Civil Litigation, Real Estate Matters, Estate Administration, Bankruptcy, and Municipal Law.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- The Military College of South Carolina
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- District 27B Judicial Bar
- Cleveland County Bar Association
- Destination Cleveland County, Board of Director
- Shelby Presbyterian Church, Deacon and Sunday School Teacher