Pushing Back Against Drug Charges
Any drug charge is a serious matter. Even a conviction for simple drug possession could cost you your job, limit your future employment opportunities and result in significant criminal penalties. A conviction for drug sales, manufacturing or trafficking almost always results in significant prison sentences.
For an aggressive and strong drug charge defense, contact The Schweppe Law Firm, P.A. To schedule a free consultation, call 704-243-5124. From our office in Shelby, we serve clients across western North Carolina.
What Type Of Drug Allegations Are You Up Against?
We defend adults and juveniles against a wide range of drug charges, including:
- Drug possession
- Drug distribution, sales and trafficking
- Drug transportation
- Drug manufacturing
- Marijuana cultivation
- Narcotics and controlled substance offenses
- Possession with intent to distribute
- Prescription drug crimes
How We Approach Drug Cases
Attorney David M. Schweppe has been defending the rights of the criminally accused for more than 20 years. He has defended clients in drug cases ranging from possession of a small amount of marijuana to felony drug trafficking and manufacture charges.
Mr. Schweppe understands that drug cases are often based on a questionable evidentiary foundation, including evidence obtained as a result of an unconstitutional search and seizure, testimony from witnesses who may have questionable motives and credibility, and audio or video evidence that may be difficult to decipher.
Mr. Schweppe carefully scrutinizes the prosecution’s case to identify defenses that may be used to his client’s benefit. He has experience using suppression motions and other pretrial motions to bolster his client’s defense, and exclude certain evidence from consideration in court.
Building Your Defense
As an experienced defense attorney, there are a number of ways that he may be able to make a positive difference in your case:
- He can make a motion to suppress evidence obtained in violation of your constitutional rights.
- He can fight your charges at trial and hold the prosecution to its burden of proof.
- If you do not wish to fight your charges at trial and a dismissal is not possible, he can negotiate with the prosecution to obtain the most favorable plea agreement possible. He can help you take positive steps, such as drug treatment, that may enable you to make a more favorable impression on the prosecutor and judge, thus having a positive impact on the final disposition of your case. Depending on the facts of your case and the nature of your charges, he may be able to reach an agreement with the prosecution that will enable you to avoid a criminal conviction.
You can rely on us to aggressively defend your rights. You will have a strong advocate as a client of our firm.
Contact Our Cleveland County Drug Defense Lawyer
To schedule a free consultation, call our office or contact us by email.