Pushing Back Against Drug Charges
Any drug charge is a serious matter. Even a conviction for simple drug possession could cost you your job, limit your future employment opportunities and result in significant criminal penalties. A conviction for drug sales, manufacturing or trafficking almost always results in significant prison sentences.
For an aggressive and strong drug charge defense, contact The Schweppe Law Firm, P.A. To schedule a free consultation, call 704-243-5124. From our office in Shelby, we serve clients across western North Carolina.
What Type Of Drug Allegations Are You Up Against?
We defend adults and juveniles against a wide range of drug charges, including:
- Drug possession
- Drug distribution, sales and trafficking
- Drug transportation
- Drug manufacturing
- Marijuana cultivation
- Narcotics and controlled substance offenses
- Possession with intent to distribute
- Prescription drug crimes
- Driving under the influence of drugs or felony DWI/ DUI
How We Approach Drug Cases
Attorney David M. Schweppe has been defending the rights of the criminally accused for more than 20 years. He has defended clients in drug cases ranging from possession of a small amount of marijuana to felony drug trafficking and manufacture charges.
Attorney Schweppe understands that drug cases are often based on a questionable evidentiary foundation, including evidence obtained as a result of an unconstitutional search and seizure, testimony from witnesses who may have questionable motives and credibility, and audio or video evidence that may be difficult to decipher.
Attorney Schweppe carefully scrutinizes the prosecution’s case to identify defenses that may be used to his client’s benefit. He has experience using suppression motions and other pretrial motions to bolster his client’s defense, and exclude certain evidence from consideration in court.
Strategically Building Your Defense
As an experienced defense attorney, there are a number of ways that he may be able to make a positive difference in your case. He can:
- Make a motion to suppress evidence obtained in violation of your constitutional rights.
- Fight your charges at trial and hold the prosecution to its burden of proof.
- Negotiate, if you do not wish to fight your charges at trial and a dismissal is not possible. He will seek to obtain the most favorable plea agreement possible.
- Help you take positive steps, such as drug treatment, that may enable you to make a more favorable impression on the prosecutor and judge, thus having a positive impact on the final disposition of your case.
- Reach an agreement with the prosecution that will enable you to avoid a criminal conviction, depending on the facts of your case and the nature of your charges.
You can rely on us to aggressively defend your rights. You will have a strong advocate as a client of our firm.
Get The Help You Need In Drug Defense
To schedule a free consultation, call our office in Shelby at 704-243-5124. We are committed to providing you with personal drug crime defense. We know you are concerned about what will happen. We are happy to answer all of your questions in a free phone call or visit. You have no further obligation, but many people find that it is to their benefit to enlist the help of an experienced criminal defense attorney when facing serious charges. You can also send us an email explaining your situation and we will respond.