David M. Schweppe
David Schweppe is a Shelby, North Carolina native. He attended Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia where he earned athletic honors as a varsity tennis player.
David obtained is law degree at Campbell University School of Law. During law school, David interned with a leading criminal defense attorney in Raleigh, North Carolina. After graduation, David broadened his legal experience by joining a large Raleigh firm where he concentrated on commercial litigation.
In 1999, David returned to Shelby and joined The Schweppe Law Firm, P.A where he expanded the practice to include criminal defense, personal injury, and business litigation. During his career, David has made court appearances in 60 of North Carolina’s 100 counties.
David is married, has 3 children, and enjoys golf, tennis, snow skiing and water sports.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Child Custody
- North Carolina, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1998
- U.S. Federal Courts
- Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Washington & Lee University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar
- Judicial District 27B, Past President
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Criminal Defense Section
- Auto Torts Section
- North Carolina Association of Trial Lawyers
- Cleveland County Bar Association, Past President
- City of Shelby Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Board
- United Way of Cleveland County, Board of Directors
- Uptown Shelby Association, Board of Directors, Chairman
- Habitat for Humanity of Cleveland County, Board of Directors
- Cleveland County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Cleveland County Red Cross, Board of Directors
- Cleveland County College, Board of Visitors
- Cleveland County YMCA, Board of Directors
- Juvenile Crime Prevention Council, Member
- City of Shelby, Planning and Zoning Advisory Board, Member