John V. Schweppe, Jr. has been a resident of Shelby, North Carolina since 1959. He is a graduate Washington and Jefferson College and earned his law degree from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. After service in the Army Schweppe returned to Shelby in 1973 and joined a local firm which traced it roots to the firm established by Gov. Clyde Hoey in the 1920's.
In 1983 Mr. Schweppe formed his own practice and was a sole practitioner until 1999 when his son, David, joined the firm. His practice is focused on Real Estate, Business Law and Estate Planning.
Mr. Schweppe is married with three sons and enjoys his career, family and boating.
- North Carolina, 1973
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Washington and Jefferson College
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar
- District 27B Judicial Bar, Past President
- Cleveland County Bar Association, Past President
- Shelby Presbyterian Church, Elder
- Shelby City Board of Education, Past Chairman (16 years)
- United Way of Cleveland County, Board of Directors
- Cleveland County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Past Chairman
- Cleveland County Salvation Army, Board of Directors
- Cleveland County Boys & Girls Club, Board of Directors